Direct Menu Access refers to access that is granted by selecting menus and level of access directly on the navigation menu and not by updating Roles or Permission Lists.
*Radio buttons that are Blue, represent access that can be updated by clicking on the radio buttons of the nav menu.
• User Updates - When a user is granted Direct Access to a menu, a custom Role (SNT_USERID) is created for the user and the Sentinel permission lists that map to the selected menus are inserted to the users custom role.
*Direct Access enables user access to be individually updated without affecting other users.
• Role Updates - When a Role is granted Direct Access to a menu, the Sentinel permission lists (SNT_###) that map to the selected menus are inserted into the role.
• Permission Lists - When a permission list is updated, the component is added or removed, as done in PeopleSoft.
1. Click on User, Role or Permission List.
2. Click on Actions menus and select New or use the the Search box to find an existing item and then click Edit or Clone.
3. Select the menu you want to update and then click on the Display, Update or Correction radio buttons to assign the required level of access.
4. The menus will appear Green (adding) or Red (removing) when access to the menu is updated.
5. Click Save or Cancel. Navigating away from the page will lose any updates made.